Please submit the following to be considered for admission and an academic scholarship:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Official high school graduation documents and transcripts
- Documentation of English proficiency
- TOEFL —61 IBT required, UIndy code: 1321
- IELTS —5.5 required
- PTEA —49 required
- Record of extensive education in English-medium academic system
- Graduation from Internexus English as a Second Language program, Advanced Level
- Graduation from ELS Language Centers EAP level 112
- Completion of EF Level C1-1
- Standardized Examination Results (sometimes waived for transfer students), such as:
- Official college/university transcript (required for students who have attended another college or university)
- Documentation of financial support
- Photocopy of passport identity page
- $25 application fee (waived for online applications)
We reserve the right to seek verification of any document. This process may be time consuming. In some cases, you, the applicant, must bear some expense for the verification.
Where to send your documents
Please mail official or certified hard copies to:
University of Indianapolis
Office of Admissions
1400 E. Hanna Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Photocopied scanned documents
We often can make a provisional assessment based on scanned or photocopied documents; however, official or certified hard copies of documents are required before a final admission decision can be made. For a provisional decision, scanned documents may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A certified copy is a hard photocopy that has been stamped and signed by an official of the institution issuing the document, of a governmental education office, or of an EducationUSA office.
A scan or a photocopy of a certified copy is not official. We require documents with the original stamp and signature.
We begin accepting applications one year before the intended enrollment date. Final deadlines are listed below; however, we recomment applying much earlier.
- July 1 for August enrollment
- Nov. 15 for January enrollment
Transferring credits from your previous college/university outside the U.S.
Students who would like to receive credit (exemptions) for courses taken at colleges or universities outside the United States should submit their transcripts to a current NACES member agency such as World Education Services or Education Credential Evaluators. A detailed, course-by-course report is required. This report can take several weeks or more to obtain. After a student is accepted for admission, our Academic Advising Office will examine the credential evaluation report to determine transfer credit. The student may be asked to submit course descriptions in English or to consult with a faculty member regarding specific course content. Our Academic Advising Office will send a list of transferred courses to the student’s personal or UIndy email address.
In general, courses (C- grade or above) taken at institutions “recognized” by the government in that country will receive transfer credit. However, in order for any particular UIndy course to be waived, there must be a corresponding course (similar in content, level and goals) taken at the non-U.S. institution. In addition, at least 30 credit hours and at least one third of major requirement credit hours must be completed at the University of Indianapolis in order to receive a UIndy degree.