The University of Indianapolis is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Accreditation comes through participation in an evaluation process known as the Academic Quality Improvement Program. AQIP draws heavily on principles of industry and business management. It fuses strategic planning with accreditation, and it features much more interaction between the university and the accrediting group than the standard accreditation process. The idea is to help institutions develop processes that better achieve their goals. These direct, cost-effective processes include AQIP’s Strategy Forums and Systems Appraisals.
UIndy keeps a log of its activities toward meeting its AQIP goals in its continuous improvement portfolio. For more information about UIndy's accreditation activities, contact Mary Moore, Vice President for Research, Planning and International Partnerships.
In accordance with federal law, the University of Indianapolis is authorized to operate in Indiana by the State of Indiana (see Indiana Code 21-7-13-6).
In addition to UIndy's regional accreditation, many University programs are accredited by the accrediting organizations in their fields.
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Commission on Sport Management Accreditation
- Council on Social Work Education
- Indiana Professional Standards Advisory Board
- Indiana State Board of Nursing
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
Additional organization memberships
The University also is a member of a number of organizations, including:
- American Council on Education
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Association of American Colleges
- Association of Colleges for Higher Education
- Consortium for Urban Education
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Indiana
- Indiana Association of Graduate Schools
- Indiana Conference on Higher Education
- Indiana Consortium of International Programs
- Midwest Association of Graduate Schools
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Schools and Colleges of the United Methodist Church