Below are just a few highlights of some of the things that are happening here at UIndy with our graduate programs.
- Dr. Jim Bellew is nationally recognized in the field of electrotherapy as a medical treatment. One of the top scholars in this area, he is publishing a physical therapy textbook on the subject.
- Dr. Stephen Nawrocki is one of the top forensic anthropologists in the Midwest and is often called upon by law enforcement agencies to help with high-profile crime scene investigations.
- Dr. Matt Will is one of the best-known financial experts in Indiana, frequently sought for comment in local and national news stories and host of his own weekly personal finance show on radio station WICR-FM/HD.
- UIndy archeologists led by Dr. Chris Schmidt discovered a prehistoric bone tool on a dig in northwestern Indiana. The 10,000-year-old tool is the oldest such artifact ever documented in the state.
- UIndy is one of just four colleges selected to be part of the Woodrow Wilson Indiana teaching fellowship program, first in the nation, which enables math and science professionals to become teachers.
- UIndy's highly ranked nursing program, which recently celebrated its 50th anniversary, offers master’s degrees in seven areas, including an accelerated master's degree for career changers and several practice-specific programs.
- UIndy's new white light confocal imaging microscope, one of just two in the country, is a boon to our graduate students in anthropology.