Interested in the creative or customer service side of business? Then marketing might be for you! Marketing covers many areas of business, including advertising, sales and promotion. UIndy's marketing program, which includes options for a major, minor or concentration, emphasizes applied learning in order for students to put what they learn in the classroom into practice in the business world. More than 80 percent of UIndy marketing students have at least one internship. In addition, a marketing major or minor pairs well with other areas of study, including communication, graphic design, psychology and sports management.
“The future of my career has been advanced by UIndy because of the emphasis put on networking through the School of Business. Ever since the day I was welcomed in as a freshman, I have been pushed to meet new people and connect with them on a professional level. This advice and encouragement has resulted in scholarship opportunities, membership in organizations, internships, positions, and now plenty of job opportunities upon graduation.”
- Experienced faculty with both academic and business world experience
- Faculty are well-connected to the national and international marketing community
- Strong emphasis on practical application
- A variety of marketing electives are available
Marketing students and grads have interned or work for:
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Conexus Indiana
- Shepherd Community Center
Potential careers in Marketing
- Marketing communications
- Marketing channel specialist
- New product development specialist
- Sales or retail management
- Marketing manager
- Marketing research analyst
“During my freshman year, I was part of Team Business, and we hosted the CEO of BrightPoint to speak to our MBA students. Through that experience, I got an internship as a Global HR Intern at their corporate office, and afterward, I accepted a full-time position in HR/Social Media. In theory, I had a full-time position post-graduation during my freshman year. No other university gives students this type of opportunity. I will be eternally grateful.”
Marketing might be for you if:
- You are creative.
- You are motivated.
- You like to work with people.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are comfortable in situations that frequently change.
These curriculum guides outline the classes you'll need to take as a Marketing major. The general education curriculum guide lists your class options and requirements to fulfill UIndy's general education requirements, while the Marketing curriculum guide lists the classes needed to major in Marketing. You'll need to look at both guides to get a complete picture of what classes you'll take at UIndy.