School for Adult Learning Admissions
The admission process for students in the School for Adult Learning involves just a few steps, which you can do online or by mail:
- Complete an Application for Admission. Please go here to begin the online admission process. You'll need to create an account to begin filling out your application.
- Request Official Transcript(s). We'll need official transcripts from your high school and any colleges you may have attended. If you have a GED certificate, we'll need your official GED test scores. Have each school send the transcripts directly to the School for Adult Learning. Please download the .
- Complete an Application for Admission.download the form (PDF). Simply print the PDF, complete the form, and mail or bring it by our office.
- Complete a Provisional Permit to Register. Please download the form (Microsoft Word). Only by filling out this form and mailing it in with your application will you be allowed to register for classes. After that, you will not be allowed to register again until all your transcripts have arrived and the Office of Admissions has formally offered you admission to the university.
- Request Official Transcript(s). We need official transcripts from your high school and any colleges you may have attended. If you have a GED certificate, we'll also need your official GED test scores. Have each school send the transcripts directly to the School for Adult Learning. Download the (PDF).
- Application Fee. There is a $20 non-refundable application fee.
- Please mail your Application for Admission, Provisional Permit to Register and application fee to:
Student Services Coordinator
School for Adult Learning
Esch Hall, Room 103
1400 E. Hanna Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Once your admissions file is complete and you have been offered admission to the university, you may register for classes by contacting the SAL office in Esch Hall 103.
Make an Appointment
If you prefer, you can schedule an appointment by calling 317-788-3393. The School for Adult Learning can explain our programs and help you complete the necessary paperwork.
Lifelong Learning Center
Just want to take a class or two? Consider our Lifelong Learning Center.