ASN/BSN Ivy Tech Concurrent
UIndy has partnered with Ivy Tech Community College to offer ASN students a unique way to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. The ASN/BSN Concurrent Enrollment collaborative allows qualified students to complete their ASN degree from Ivy Tech and their BSN degree from UIndy about 10 months faster than a typical RN to BSN program.
How it works
- Students enrolled in the collaborative will follow Ivy Tech's traditional course of study while taking select non-clinical BSN courses through UIndy in the second year. The UIndy BSN courses are online only.
- Upon successful completion of the ASN program at Ivy Tech and passing the Registered Nurse Licensure Exam (NCLEX-RN®), students complete four semesters of additional UIndy clinical courses to finish the BSN degree.
Students must complete a minimum of 120 redit hours to earn a BSN degree, and a minimum of the final 30 credit hours must be completed at UIndy. Please note that some general education requirements are not available through Ivy Tech and you will need to take those courses through UIndy or another institution. View sample curriculum information ►
Admission requirements & procedures
Students must apply and be accepted to UIndy and the School of Nursing. To be accepted at UIndy, students must:
- Complete the UIndy application for concurrent enrollment.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Provide official high school transcripts, Ivy Tech transcripts, and transcripts from any other colleges you have attended in sealed, unopened envelopes
You can only apply to the Concurrent Enrollment collaborative once. Admission is competitive and based on rank ordering of college GPA. If you are not accepted to the Concurrent Enrollment collaborative, you can apply to UIndy's RN to BSN program following completion of your ASN and passing the Nursing Licensure Exam.
Cost & financial aid
The tuition for UIndy courses is $330 per credit hour. Because federal regulations require that financial aid can only be disbursed through one college at a time, your financial aid will be through Ivy Tech while you are concurrently enrolled. You will be responsible for paying the UIndy tuition. Once you complete the ASN program at Ivy Tech, you may be eligible for additional financial aid at UIndy. WorkOne funding may also be available for qualified students.
When can I start?
We have three start dates each year: January, May and August