Library Mission & Values
Mission of the Krannert Memorial Library:
Krannert Memorial Library supports teaching and learning excellence at the University of Indianapolis through:
- Access to carefully-developed scholarly and archival collections for learning and enrichment, innovative educational technologies, and the expertise of information professionals.
- Delivery of efficient, user-centered services.
- Creation of environments to support intellectual discovery, creative learning, and meaningful collaboration.
Values of the Krannert Memorial Library:
- Respect: The Library upholds intellectual freedom and provides wide access to a broad spectrum of perspectives, protects the confidentiality and privacy of users, and promotes an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Agility: The Library is welcoming, flexible, relevant, and able to anticipate emerging user needs.
- Innovation: The Library is forward-looking and supports a culture of creative problem solving, strategic risk-taking, and open idea sharing.
- Learning: The Library is integral to a culture and community of learning and partners with faculty to realize positive learning outcomes, advance scholarship, and educate users about information evaluation and ethics.
- Service: The Library develops and delivers efficient and effective services to support information discovery and knowledge synthesis.