Online Job Application Tips
Before beginning the application, gather all relevant information, including:
- Your complete education information
- Information on all previous employment
- Electronic version of your resume, cover letter, and any other required documents listed in the job posting for the position for which you are applying
How the online application process works
- Create a login ID, password and security question. Make sure it is something you will remember as you will need it to check the status of your application or to apply for positions in the future.
- You will first fill out a general application and then select the position(s) for which you are applying. Prompts within the application will provide specific directions.
- Be sure to save your application frequently. You may quit the application process at any time by clicking “Exit.”
- Some positions may have supplemental questions for you to answer or may require additional documents, such as a writing sample or proof of a license for a specific job.
- Following the application process, you will be able to attach your resume, cover letter and any other required documents. (Make sure to click the “Attach” button once you have selected the file from your computer.)
- Your application is not complete or submitted until you receive a confirmation number.
- After you apply, you can review your application and see its status when you log in to your account.
- To apply for additional positions, log in to your account and click “Search Postings.” Then, follow the same steps to select a position. You will not have to re-enter your entire application information, only those questions associated with the specific position.
- Do not use your browser’s “Back,” “Forward” or “Refresh” buttons to navigate within the application. This may cause data loss or may log you out of the system. Use the navigational buttons within the site.
- To protect the security of your data, the system will log you out after 60 minutes of inactivity. Please do not leave your computer for more than 60 minutes while completing your application.
- If you forget your username, contact UIndy HR at 317-788-2127.