Honors Living & Learning Community
Honors & Scholars Floor
The fourth floor of Central Hall has been designated the Honors and Scholars Floor. It is a self-governing learning community specifically established for Honors students, including incoming freshmen. If you choose to live here, you will have access to a variety of services and amenities that promote furthering academic, leadership and service goals.
Beginning your freshman year, you can be a resident of the floor; however, you must maintain the following requirements:
- A minimum of 3.2 GPA
- Be active in some type of leadership role, participate in community service or be an active member of the Honors College
- Participate in a number of required floor activities and events (floor programs, dinners, service projects)
- High-quality furniture
- Built-in closets, dressers and desks
- Bookshelves for each student
- Floor lounge with big-screen television and DVD player
- Laundry on the floor
- Separate restrooms for each dorm room
Located on the second floor of Esch Hall the Honors Alcove provides students an informal gathering spot, as well as serving as the information hub for the University community about Honors College news, events, and deadlines.