MS Sport Management Admission Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate institution attended (sent directly from each institution's registrar's office)
- 3.0 GPA or higher or completion of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) for applicants with GPA below 3.0*
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters may be written by your workplace supervisors or former college professors. Individuals providing recommendations must be outside of your immediate family. At least one recommendation should be written by an individual who is familiar with your academic accomplishments as an undergraduate and/or graduate student. You will receive instructions on how to submit your letter electronically after your application has been submitted.
- A three-page, double-spaced personal statement highlighting your educational and career goals
*If the GMAT is taken, a minimum score of 470 (combined total from the verbal and quantitative sections) and a minimum of 4.0 in the analytical writing section is recommended. Students not meeting these standards may be admitted on a conditional basis.
If the GRE is taken, a minimum score of 290 (combined total from the verbal and quantitative sections) and a minimum 3.0 in the analytical writing section is recommended. Students not meeting these standards may be admitted on a conditional basis.
Applying for Admission
To apply, you must submit the following:
- UIndy online application (by March 15 for priority consideration)
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts as described above
- GRE or GMAT scores (only for applicants with a GPA below 3.0)
- Two letters of recommendation as described above
- Personal statement as described above
Apply by August 1, 2018 for consideration for the Fall 2018 semester. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Your complete application (including transcripts, GMAT/GRE scores, letters of reference, and personal statement) must be received no later than August 15, 2018 in order to be considered for Fall 2018 entry. Applications received after August 15, 2018 will automatically be considered for the next admissions cycle (Fall 2019 entry). You must meet or exceed all admission requirements and be accepted into the program before enrolling in classes.
This program is designed with courses taken in a specific sequence; therefore, transfer of courses from other programs and universities will not generally be accepted.
Additional requirements for international students
International students whose undergraduate coursework was not completed at an English-speaking institution must submit an official report of their TOEFL scores. A minimum score of 100 internet-based total is the minimum requirement for application.
Because universities around the world difer, we require a course-by-course credential evaluation as an assurance to show that you have completed the U.S. equivalent of a bachelor's degree. Photocopies are not acceptable for this portion of your application material. To view a list of agencies that offer this evaluation service, see the international student admissions page.
Unless otherwise noted, send all information to:
University of Indianapolis
College of Health Sciences
Admissions Office, Health Pavilion
1400 E. Hanna Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46227