Graduate Sport Management Direct Freshman Admission
What is the Direct Freshman Guaranteed Admission Option?
The University of Indianapolis offers a unique program called the Direct Freshman Guaranteed Admission Option designed for incoming freshmen who have declared sport management as a graduate major in conjunction with any undergraduate major. This option, which is not available for transfer students, will guide you through your undergraduate career. If all requirements are met, you will be guaranteed admission into our entry-level graduate program without going through the usual graduate admission process.
Qualifications for Direct Freshman Guaranteed Admission Option
To be considered for the Direct Freshman Guaranteed Admission Program, candidates must be admitted into any undergraduate degree program by the University of Indianapolis and meet the following:
- Overall high school minimum GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Cumulative GPA of 3.7 or better in the following high school college prep content areas:
- 3 years of math (Algebra I and higher)
- 3 years of science (Biology I, Chemistry I, and/or Physics I or higher)
- 4 years of English
Once admitted, students must maintain specific academic standards to maintain their guaranteed status into the graduate program. These standards include:
- Students must achieve a "B" or better in all prerequisite coursework before entering the graduate program. These courses include:
- ACCT 210
- MKT 290
- COMP 150, COMP 160 or COMM 101
- COMM 100, COMM 200 or BADM 231
- Students must declare a major and complete all major requirements. General/university studies degree holders will not be eligible for direct admission.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative major GPA (major coursework as indicated on each program's curriculum guide) of 3.3 or higher.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative university GPA (all major and general education coursework) of 3.3 or higher.