Kinesiology Advisory Board
UIndy’s Kinesiology Advisory Board is comprised of industry experts in the Indianapolis community who help ensure that you receive a top-notch educational experience – one that will support your professional goals and distinguish you in the workplace upon graduation.
Representing each kinesiology major equally, our board provides the inside scoop on the skills and practices today's organizations look for – but rarely find – when they interview candidates. Our faculty then uses this information to bring you a consistently fresh program design that not only meets industry trends and accreditation standards, but is likely to instill those must-have additional qualities.
The Kinesiology Advisory Board offers two annual networking opportunities for students – a fall social for juniors and seniors and a spring research poster session. During the poster session, students can present their projects to board members. Each event gives students the chance to ask about job openings, internships and life after graduation.
Our board members represent the following organizations:
- American Health Network
- City of Indianapolis - Dept of Parks & Recreation
- Decatur Middle School
- Fishers Junior High School
- Franklin Central High School
- Health Ed Pros
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana Hockey Club, LLC
- Indiana Minority Health Coalition, Inc.
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Indianapolis Colts
- Indianapolis Indians at Victory Field
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Indy ProCare Physical Therapy
- Interactive PE
- Leverage Points Consulting
- Marion County Health Department
- National Institute for Fitness and Sport
- North Central High School
- Nutrition and Wellness Solutions, LLC
- Public Safety Medical
- St. Vincent Sports Performance Center
- Wellness Council of Indiana
- White Lick Elementary
- YMCA of Greater Indianapolis