Become a Noyce Scholar in Teach (STEM)³
We are having a Noyce Scholars/Teach (STEM)³ program information session for UIndy students on Wednesday November 15 from 4-5 p.m. in Lilly 208.
The University of Indianapolis has received a $1.2 million grant from the National Science Foundation’s Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program to support the growing local and national need for STEM teachers. Qualified candidates can apply for a $20,000 Noyce Grant Scholarship stipend which fully covers Teach (STEM)³ tuition.
Recipients of a stipend must:
- be admitted to and registered for the UIndy Teach (STEM)³ program;
- be U.S. citizens, nationals or permanent resident aliens;
- be majoring or degreed in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics discipline;
- have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid;
- agree to serve in a high-need local education agency for two years.
Stipends are awarded based on academic merit, commitment to teaching and need. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Once you are accepted into the Teach (STEM)³ program you will be invited to complete a separate application for a stipend.
The priority application deadline for Noyce Grant Scholarship stipends is February 15. Thus, you are encouraged to apply for admission to Teach (STEM)³ as soon as possible since you must be admitted to the program prior to being invited to apply for a stipend.
Become a Noyce scholar