Translation Theory & Practice: Spanish-to-English/English-to-Spanish
About the program
The need for competent translators in today's global society is increasing at a fast pace, and the demand for translated material is growing rapidly. Building upon your fluency in English and Spanish, this course is delivered in five modules and teaches students the techniques and procedures needed to produce accurate translations of a wide variety of documents used in international organizations, literature, business, marketing, and medical fields. Students will gain knowledge about relevant cultural issues and will become familiar with the translation profession as well as the skills, tools and resources available for effective translations.
Translators generally work either in-house for a business, translation agency, or other institution, or as freelancers. Many are freelancers who either find their own clients or translate for firms or translation bureaus and who are paid depending on the length and difficulty of a translation.
- Participants will learn and apply skills to produce a wide variety of document translations.
- Participants will learn and apply knowledge about relevant cultural issues when translating.
- Participants will become familiar with the translation profession.
- Individuals with existing fluency in English and Spanish
- Individuals wanting to enter or explore the translation profession
- Individuals in organizations that have been tasked with translating a variety of documents.
Cost and registration
For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at email@example.com or call 317-788-3393.