Growing Your Experience
About the program
Fortune 1000 companies, and many others, now put a high value on employees involved in their community and with a broad range of interests. Employees that enjoy and participate in their environment build a strong commitment not just to their employer but to their co-workers, their communities, and themselves. Designed to be informative, engaging, and demonstrating practical application, the workshop will cover topics including:
- Knowing your surroundings
- Understanding your community
- Civil engagement and involvement
- Experiencing art and culture of environment
- Museums, art galleries, theatre, etc.
- Local ethnic groups
- Meet-up groups
- Sister cities
- Staying informed
- Literature, trade publications, journals
- Attending events
- Developing relationships
- Developing a leisure art
- Understanding the value of diversity
- Diversity engagement exercise
- Participants will learn and apply various soft skills needed for success in the workplace.
- Participants will learn how to become more involved in their community and many of the benefits of active participation.
- Students currently enrolled in a college or university with little or no work experience.
- Individuals preparing to enter or re-enter the workforce.
- Individuals currently employed and looking for an edge to succeed and job satisfaction
*UIndy students must register via the Professional Edge Center.
Start the registration process and learn about schedules and pricing below, or, if you're a currently enrolled UIndy student, contact the Professional Edge Center to register. For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-788-3393.