What is a Crucial Conversation?
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where opinions vary, the stakes are high, and emotions run strong. These conversations—when handled poorly or ignored—lead to strained relationships and dismal results.
Crucial Conversations teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you'll surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
Whenever you're not getting the results you're looking for, it's likely a crucial conversation is keeping you stuck. Whether it's a problem with poor quality, slow time-to-market, declining customer satisfaction, or a strained relationship—whatever the issue—if you can't talk honestly with nearly anybody about almost anything, you can expect poor results.
Competency learning objectives
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively
- Foster teamwork and better decision making
- Build acceptance rather than resistance
- Resolve individual and group disagreements
Who should attend?
- This program is intended for employees of small to medium sized organizations
- Anyone whose organization suffers from taboo topics, deference, disagreement, analysis paralysis, information hoarding, office politics, or alienation.
- Anyone whose organization is suffering declining productivity, safety violations, low morale, reduced quality, poor customer satisfaction, or other bottom-line concerns.
- Anyone at any level in an organization.
For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at email@example.com or call 317-788- 3393.
What does the cost include?
This comprehensive, competency-based institute includes all institute materials and a certificate of completion with CEUs.
*Some programs may have additional fees for participation materials. Click the registration link below for details.