Coaching for Performance
About the program
Coaching is a process that enables individuals to improve their skills and capabilities, provide reinforcement and feedback and resolve performance problems. This module is designed to assist participants in acquiring the basic knowledge and developing a level of competence and confidence to conduct individual and team performance appraisals, and to conduct one-on-one and group level coaching sessions. This session also covers the concept of Cognitive Coaching which requires the coach to be non-judgmental, to encourage reflective practice, and to guide another person to self-directed learning.
- Understand the Collaborative Coaching Model
- Understand the concept of Cognitive Coaching
- Identify how to apply these coaching models and concepts to various situations
- Understand the “key points” and ”critical concerns” of feedback
- Explore 10 Formative Feedback Guidelines
- Explore lessons from neuroscience – SCARF Model
This program is designed for emerging and experienced leaders, team leads, supervisors, managers and anyone that is responsible for coaching staff or co-workers.
For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-788-3393.