Baldrige Performance Excellence Program - A Systematic Approach to Performance Excellence™
About the program
The Baldrige Performance Excellence Program™ is the nation's public-private partnership dedicated to performance excellence. The Program raises awareness about the importance of performance excellence in driving the U.S. and global economy, and provides organizational assessment tools and criteria. By focusing on a systematic approach to performance excellence, this training program is an excellent complement to other training programs and initiatives related to Lean Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, ISO 9001:2000, and other similar quality programs.
Facilitated by Senior Baldrige Examiner, Kurt Schoch (EdD), this program is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. Participants will benefit from assessments, case studies, group discussions, and hands-on work that will be immediately useful to efforts in their own organizations or career interests.
Prior to the training date, participants may be required to complete an Organizational Profile and do some advanced reading. Participants will end the training with valuable resource material including the Baldrige Excellence Framework book and online tools.
At the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
- Identify key elements of Baldrige-based performance excellence
- Clarify the differences among several approaches to performance excellence
- Identify performance excellence successes from role-model organizations
- Develop a snapshot of their organization
- Identify initial strengths and opportunities for their organization
- List opportunities for further Baldrige involvement
- Emerging or experienced leaders, supervisors and above.
- Quality Assurance Individuals and anyone responsible for continuous improvement
- Organizations desiring to learn more about the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program prior to pursuing accreditation
NOTE: There is a significant advantage to organizations sending multiple people to this program.
About the Facilitator
Kurt Schoch has been appointed to the national Baldrige Board of Examiners 12 times since 1998, serving as a senior and alumni examiner, backup team leader, tech editor, and scorebook editor. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees for The Partnership for Excellence (TPE), the regional Baldrige affiliate for Indiana, Ohio, and West Virginia. He serves as an examiner trainer, team leader, and is the Chair of TPE’s Education Committee. As an independent consultant, Kurt has led organizations in health care, public utilities, higher education, and manufacturing through Baldrige-based assessments and helped with the writing of national Baldrige applications.
For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at email@example.com or call 317-788-3393. To register online for the program, view the Division for Professional Engagement's program schedule.