Theatre Student Organization
Alpha Psi Omega
Alpha Psi Omega was organized as an honorary dramatic fraternity for the purpose of providing an honor society for those performing at a high standard of work in dramatics and, through the expansion of Alpha Psi Omega among the colleges and universities, to provide a wider fellowship for those interested in the college theatre. The fraternity is not intended to take the place of the regular dramatic club or other producing groups, but as students qualify, they are rewarded by election to membership in this society.
Gamma Theta Chapter
Our UIndy chapter, Gamma Theta, connects students of high standard with one another as they work on projects to better the community of the Theatre Department as well as host several events and community service projects in the surrounding area.
1. Participation in theatre work at University of Indianapolis for a minimum of two semesters
2. Must earn required points as determined by the points system
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Café Dionysus, an annual open mic/talent show
- Sponsors the annual Senior Recognition Banquet
- Drag Show – an annual fundraiser event – produced in partnership with UIndy PRIDE – for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
- Community service projects and events are hosted year-round
Rising Achiever Award
Alpha Psi Omega sponsors the Rising Achiever Award which is presented to a freshman theatre major who exemplifies what the University of Indianapolis’ Department of Theatre represents: passion, hard work, commitment and family.