Graduate Anthropology Admissions
- Bachelor's degree with a major or minor in Anthropology or a closely related field
- Several undergraduate or graduate courses taken in anthropology and the natural sciences with grades above a C; Ideally, these should include a semester in cultural anthropology, biological anthropology, archaeology, statistics and geology.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum score of in the 50th percentile both the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE test
- A minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL (IBT) for students whose native language is not English; The TOEFL cannot substitute for the GRE.
Applicants to the MS in Anthropology program are admitted on a rolling basis. The following application materials must be submitted for consideration:
- University of Indianapolis Graduate Admission Application
- Typed personal statement outlining career goals, research interests and reasons for applying to the program
- Typed list of all relevant coursework in anthropology and the natural sciences, with grades received
- Current resume or curriculum vitae listing prior anthropological/archaeological experience, field schools, special training, publications and presentations
- Three reference letters submitted on the Anthropology Reference Forms. Please choose individuals who are either familiar with your academic performance or who have supervised you in anthropology or science-related activities or research. If mailed, these individuals should directly mail their letters to the Shaheen College of Arts and Sciences.
- Official transcripts showing all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Official GRE and TOEFL scores, submitted by the testing agencies
- $30 application fee; Checks should be made to the University of Indianapolis.
Prospective students are encouraged to contact Dr. Christopher Schmidt to arrange for a visit and personal interview.