Master of Arts in Studio Art Admission Requirements
Students must have an undergraduate degree in an art discipline in order to be considered for admission to the MA in Studio Art program at UIndy.
To apply to the program, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the online program application
- Submit a letter of intent explaining your purpose and goals for pursuing a master's degree in studio art
- Submit official transcripts from each university or college attended, showing completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. If applying from outside the U.S., the applicant's transcript should show the equivalent of a bachelor's degree.
- Submit a portfolio of recent work
- Submit three reference letters addressing your abilities and/or commitment to art. At least two (and preferably all three) of the letters should come from academic sources.
- Submit official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, if your undergraduate cumulative GPA is below a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
Note: You do not need to submit everything at once to start the application process. For example, you can submit your application, recommendation letters and other materials before submitting your portfolio.
We strongly recommend that prospective students and applicants visit the faculty and set up a personal interview.
Additional requirements for international applicants
- International students must submit transcripts to an organization that evaluates international credentials such as the World Education Services (WES) and have them forwarded to UIndy's Art & Design Department
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit TOEFL and TWE scores of at least 550 on the paper test, 213 on the computer-based test, or an 80 on the Internet-based test
- Provide certification of finances (for students who are applying for a visa)
- A photocopy of your passport
- Upon acceptance, the student may be issued a valid I-20 to process the F1 student visa. It is the applicant's responsibility to request a visa. The University of Indianapolis will have no role in the application process for a visa.
Unless otherwise noted, send all information to:
Department of Art & Design
Christel DeHaan Fine Arts Center 110
University of Indianapolis
1400 E. Hanna Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Questions? Call 317-788-3253 or email Hazel Augustin, art & design coordinator at email@example.com.