To be admitted to UIndy's Human Resource Development & Administration program, you must complete or submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Non-refundable $50 application fee (UIndy alumni are eligible for an application fee waiver. If you are eligible, please contact Whitnie Shay, assistant director of Graduate and SAL Enrollment, at 317-788-2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher (any discipline) from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Original transcripts from each college or university previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be academic and/or professional recommendations
- An essay explaining your interest in your specific area of professional studies and how you plan to use the degree in your future work (1,000-1,500 words)
If you are interested in applying to the Master of Professional Studies in Human Resource Development & Administration and do not have a 3.0 GPA, you may be offered a "conditional admission" status until you successfully complete two courses in the program and achieve a grade of 'B' or higher in each course. As an alternative to conditional admission, you may submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for evaluation.
If you have previously taken graduate classes in another accredited program, up to 6 credit hours may be eligible for transfer to the Master of Professional Studies degree program if we determine that these transfer courses have sufficient applicable content and you earned a grade of 'B' or better. After you complete 12 credit hours in the master's degree program at UIndy (with a minimum grade of 'B' in each course), the acceptable transfer credits will be applied.
Additional requirements for international students
Students for whom English is their second language must submit TOEFL scores with a minimum of 100 on the internet-based TOEFL. TOEFL scores should be sent to institution code R1321 and school code R2207.
If your undergraduate degree is from a non-US institution, we require a degree evaluation as an assurance that you have completed the U.S. equivalent of a bachelor's degree. Credit and grade equivalencies for each course may be requested if deemed necessary. Photocopies are not acceptable for this portion of your application material. The following is a list of acceptable agencies that offer this service:
|World Education Services, Inc
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
|International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
P.O. Box 8629
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8629
215-222-8454 ext. 510
|Education Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470