UIndy Mission & Vision
The University's mission is to prepare its graduates for effective, responsible, and articulate membership in the complex societies in which they live and serve, and for excellence and leadership in their personal and professional lives. The University equips its students to become more capable in thought, judgment, communication, and action; to enhance their imaginations and creative talents; to gain a deeper understanding of the teachings of the Christian faith and an appreciation and respect for other religions; to cultivate rationality and tolerance for ambiguity; and to use their intellect in the process of discovery and synthesis of knowledge.
To achieve its mission, the University:
- Complements academic majors and professional programs with a general-education curriculum that includes courses focusing upon inquiry, abstract logical thinking, and critical analysis; writing, reading, speaking, and listening; values and their impact upon judgment; international and multicultural experiences; understanding numerical data; developing historical consciousness; comprehending science and its methods; and experiencing and appreciating the arts;
- Provides high-quality programs and services that are reviewed regularly and maintained, developed, or redirected as needed;
- Offers learning opportunities and programs of study that respond in innovative ways to the needs of both traditional and nontraditional students;
- Fosters a campus culture that embraces and celebrates human diversity;
- Maintains a faculty of qualified professionals who are sensitive to developments in their disciplines and who demonstrate a commitment to teaching;
- Seeks strategic partnerships with campus, city, state, national, and global communities;
- Establishes international relationships and programs that promote intercultural understanding, awareness, and appreciation;
- Capitalizes on opportunities created by changing circumstances, pursuing initiatives consistent with its mission.
The University's Vision 2030 builds upon the institution's "vision” articulated in a dynamic history and tradition of strategic efforts that continue to propel the highest level of student engagement and an environment that champions leadership and service.
The University of Indianapolis will be recognized regionally and internationally for its high quality of student engagement in learning, leadership and service.