Employer Deferment Plan
For students whose employers will reimburse student educational costs, UIndy offers an employer deferment plan that, for a $10 fee, allows students to defer payment of tuition and fees up to two weeks after a class ends. Only students enrolled in extended, accelerated and some graduate classes are eligible to apply for this payment plan.
Follow this process to apply:
- Obtain employer verification letter or complete the Employer Tuition Benefit Verification form.
- Complete the application form and return it to the SAL or Accounting Office, along with a $10 payment (check or cash only) for the Employer Deferment Plan fee.
- It is recommended that you complete deferment procedures for only one session at a time, as all fees are non-refundable.
- After the UIndy Accounting Office approves your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Payment is due two weeks after the end of class. If payment is not received by the due date, one automatic two-week extension will be granted with an additional $25 non-refundable fee.
- If payment has not been made by the extension due date, eligibility for the Employer Deferment Plan will be permanently terminated.
- If your course term extends beyond 16 weeks, you are only eligible to defer your payment up to two weeks maximum.
*For the purpose of this program, accelerated students are those enrolled through the UIndy School for Adult Learning. Amount to be deferred may not exceed the IRS maximum non-taxable employer tuition reimbursement allowance.